*PACKHOME*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
*PACKHOME*

Welcome HOME Pack!

OUR DRAMATIC WEDDING TRIP  2ntziau-4  HomeHome  Skeleton PortalSkeleton Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OUR DRAMATIC WEDDING TRIP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Character sheet
WHF Rank:: STORYTELLER
Race:: Child of Fate
Auspice: Garou only: N/A

OUR DRAMATIC WEDDING TRIP  Empty
PostOUR DRAMATIC WEDDING TRIP

Well, I survived another foray into Family Social Gatherings.
Don't misunderstand me, I love my family.... Well, most of them.
The Wedding was wonderful. Everyone looked nice and behaved themselves...um, mostly.

The drive to Florida was insanely long.
I developed Food Poisoning early in the trip. We had brought some ham rolls with us and apparently the cooling process failed..

I had a fever from about 1pm Friday to destination. I did not, nor anyone else know i had a fever.
Cori did about 95 % of the driving there as I was unable to stay conscience.

During the trip we stopped at BK to have dinner. I stepped in the building and was freezing almost immediately. So I grabbed my coat out of the truck and went back in to order my food. Feeling like hammered poop, I ordered and tried to eat. I took a bite of the sandwich and did not want any more. Nothing was wrong with the food, I just did not feel like eating i guess. The Onion Rings went in the waste basket and we left after kids and Cori had eaten.

Upon arrival at destination I quickly became engrossed in my pillow and CRASHED HARD.

WEDDING DAY. (sigh)
Finally, Mom thought about a possible fever. She checked my forehead and discovered said fact.
Grace, (bless her heart), had some alieve, and offered it up to break the fever. About 2 hours later, I was finally functional... sorta.
I woke up a little early to a skirmish with Montezuma, and promptly went back to bed for short while.
Any bout with Montezuma will leave you drained, well, that was the theme for the day.

All about me I see people working hard to make this wedding happen without a hitch.
Cori wound up in the Kitchen, while I remained nearly useless to the work force.
Running back and forth tween house and work station is hardly useful, lol.

SUNDAY. (UGH)
The Day After.
One of the guests had another child in the mix with our 2. Overall they behaved themselves well.
They played in the other room and generally did what kids do.
While they did make noise, it was not excessive. It pretty well matched the Adults.
She would have none of it, and made snide comments about it frequently.

When the majority of the people left to go to the event on the SCA site, Cori, our kids my mom, Wyldride and myself stayed at home camp to socialize and enjoy the visit with each other. While we did this, I took care of the dishes, and cori cooked THREE meatloafs for the returning fighters and ladies.

We prepped iced tea so they had something to drink among other things.

Upon their return, She fussed about the med bottle that was missing.
(this med bottle had safety pins in it and also his earpiece from his phone)

It sat there ALL day and the kids did not mess with it!
Suddenly its an issue when they get home.
He blamed the kids for its disappearance, and she just sniped until by the end of the day, EVERYONE had hostile fire upon them.

His brownies were missing (prepackaged from store), and also blamed the children.

By now I have had enough, as Cori had already reached her limit and was fuming over our kids being under fire for something that we KNEW they did not do on BOTH counts.

So furious was cori that we almost left Sunday night, but i wanted to weather the storm and not be blamed for any wrongdoings later.
A friend of the household almost left about the same time we considered it, but had it out with my brother and seemed to calm down.

MONDAY.
The plan was to leave this morning and drive all day. Things were packed the night before specifically for this purpose.
I made coffee and tidied in the the kitchen.

The stream of coffee questers flowed through the kitchen and after the second line, finally slowed for me to finish my task and have my own cup of coffee.
After which we finished the few items to load into the truck and we split.

Thus begins our long journey back to our home...
Our first stop consisted of the much awaited Denny's visit for Steak and eggs. Yum, we have always liked that dish.
We used to stop and enjoy it every time we went and re-stocked, as one was near the freeway and on the way.
WELL. IT SUCKED!
All the meals were incorrectly cooked, even when we finally found something they werent out of.
The english muffin smelled like an old used sock.
The boys' GOLDFISH were STALE, and the corn they offered instead of the mashed potatoes that were ordered were nasty and over cooked.

Needless to say, we left unsatisfied.

Our next stop for food was at McDonalds. I figured it would be safe...
Boy was I wrong!

The first thing i ordered was the Angus Wrap, which is normally pretty darn good. This time the meat was OLD and it sucked. So I switched for a Classic Chicken Sandwich and suffered through the awful fries.

Each transaction occurred without the Manager even so much as looking at me.
From here we called our pet sitter to get the key pickup set for our arrival.
She informed me that it could be dangerous in our current location after dark, which was approaching quickly.
I went to the back of our truck and pulled my .40 to bring up front.
We loaded up and left for the last leg of our Trek.

Upon our arrival home, we discovered that the cats had puked and/or pooped on various parts of the carpet.
AND one or both had gotten up on Cori's dresser and chewed on her wedding mask.
So there is the account of our trip to hell and back home.

More later, gotta go for now

Last edited by REDDPAW on 10th September 2010, 02:38; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

OUR DRAMATIC WEDDING TRIP :: Comments

Cordelia
Re: OUR DRAMATIC WEDDING TRIP
Post 8th September 2010, 16:18 by Cordelia
For the record...Our children won't eat anything without being given permission first or know it's on the approved list which brownies are not. Second our beloved three year old son can not eat anything that is berry/tomato/chocolate base without wearing it. It's impossible. There was no evidence at ANY time that either of our children had partaken of the brownies.
BTW... The pill bottle was found in Bridzilla's purse. I watched her put it there upon their return to the cabin. At no point were the children ever rendered an apology by either their accusing Uncle of his new bride. I should have followed my first instinct & punched him in the nose,told her what I thought of her & taken my family to camp Holiday inn for some real relaxation. BTW...Together Redd & I spent almost $200 for food for their wedding & I worked ALL day in the kitchen on Saturday & again on Sunday so that I & my family could have the joyous privilege of being treated like dirt by our family. And people wonder why I call him a DICK.
whisperin_willow
Post 8th September 2010, 17:00 by whisperin_willow
personally, i would've smacked the BITCH, and walked out the door
but i'm a BITCH, so it wouldn't have bothered me in the least to ruffle some feathers

cluck, cluck, cluck
REDDPAW
Post 8th September 2010, 17:19 by REDDPAW
whisperin_willow wrote:
personally, i would've smacked the BITCH, and walked out the door
but i'm a BITCH, so it wouldn't have bothered me in the least to ruffle some feathers

cluck, cluck, cluck

ROFL
Love you too Willow.
3angel9
Post 9th September 2010, 12:46 by 3angel9
Sounds like a FUN weekend! And that's why I like my friends better than family. I think they feel they have the right to treat you like dirt. ugh!
Cordelia
Post 9th September 2010, 13:35 by Cordelia
That may be true Liz but this was disgusting. My kids ARE great kids. They put up w/no time from me for a week as I make costumes for them/packed/cooked & everything else to prep for our trip. They made the 15 hour journey one way w/little to no complaint. Bjorn even tried very hard w/his potty training & made it all the way on 1 pull up. They were excited & thrilled to go see the family & wear the symbols of their Uncle & Aunt. They behaved very good no screaming or shouting & no drama. They were great the whole time they were there. They are children & to expect them to stay in another room & be absolutely silent is nuts. Then to accuse them of taking things they didn't take just burns me up.
Willow, You're right I should have followed my instincts & broke both of their noses. Regardless we're not going back to visit them. Grandma O yeah..We love Grandma & will visit as often as we can but we're staying either w/Grandma or a hotel. I see no point in staying w/this couple even if they have the room cause it will just be a drama. Sorry but like everyone else here I don't travel that far, take time off, spend that kind of money to be part of someone's drama. I'm there to relax & have fun.
Hope everyone is well.
huggers
Cori
Lord Hawk the Slayer
Post 9th September 2010, 16:53 by Lord Hawk the Slayer
i have two words for this

that sucks
3angel9
Post 10th September 2010, 15:03 by 3angel9
Definitely is sounding like the trip from hell...I keep telling you guys to come north but....oh well, maybe someday! lol Rolling Eyes
Cordelia
Post 11th September 2010, 23:30 by Cordelia
Liz, is the food better? All the restaurants we stopped at on the way home were disgusting. I will NEVER eat at a Denny's again. And I'm telling everyone I know how wretched the service was which was loads better then what we were presented with & they had the purest audacity to call food, blah..blah....
We may make that trip someday. We have several people to see you among them so don't be surprised if we show up one day but definitely not during ball season,lol.

Hawk, Those two little words don't even BEGIN to describe that trip. As I said before so again, NEVER AGAIN, JUST NEVER.

huggers
Cori
whisperin_willow
Post 12th September 2010, 09:05 by whisperin_willow
Cordelia wrote:
Liz, is the food better? All the restaurants we stopped at on the way home were disgusting. I will NEVER eat at a Denny's again. And I'm telling everyone I know how wretched the service was which was loads better then what we were presented with & they had the purest audacity to call food, blah..blah....
We may make that trip someday. We have several people to see you among them so don't be surprised if we show up one day but definitely not during ball season,lol.

Hawk, Those two little words don't even BEGIN to describe that trip. As I said before so again, NEVER AGAIN, JUST NEVER.

huggers
Cori

i still would've smacked the BITCH cheers
3angel9
Post 12th September 2010, 11:30 by 3angel9
Cori...anytime and the food is way better. Let's just say we don't have Denny's in NY and we have REAL pizza here. Please don't ask, Willow understands. lol As a matter of fact I'm making a pot of sauce with sausage, meatballs and pork chops right now....hurry if you want some!
Cordelia
Post 13th September 2010, 01:37 by Cordelia
Willow, You're right I should have. But since I didn't we'll just have to pass this time lol.

Liz, Sounds YUMMY. Right now I'm full. We had a nice dinner & then fresh cut strawberries w/a fruit dip as dessert. I made everything here & it was good. Sloppy Joes/Mac & Cheese/Salad/home made Ranch dressing/ deviled eggs/smoky swiss cheddar cheese/celery & peanut butter/fresh strawberries & a home made fruit dip that's as easy as it is yummy. Smile Thanks for the offer. "REAL Pizza" hmmm now there is something to look forward to. (just kidding lol)

huggers
Cori
REDDPAW
Post 13th September 2010, 02:13 by REDDPAW
I would be interested in know more about this "Real" Pizza.
BTW, did you know that Pizza predates Christ?

around 500 BC

Smile
3angel9
Post 13th September 2010, 12:08 by 3angel9
Willow...can you try to explain how NY pizza is not the same as Domino's or Papa John's type pizza? I've tried but...aside from it tasting like its not out of a box? I can't lol
DarkMaidenn
Post 16th September 2010, 10:01 by DarkMaidenn
Damn, that was a sucky trip.
You both did better then I would've.
I would have exploded on them...
Cordelia
Post 22nd September 2010, 02:29 by Cordelia
Maiden,
I wanted to but was willing to settle for Camp Holiday Inn. Redd wouldn't leave cause it was a wedding & he didn't want to be the one to ruin their wedding.

Hope you are well.

huggers
Cori
REDDPAW
Post 2nd March 2017, 14:32 by REDDPAW
Yep, and I KNOW if we had left, we would have been blamed.
Post  by Sponsored content

OUR DRAMATIC WEDDING TRIP

Page 1 of 1