*PACKHOME*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
*PACKHOME*

Welcome HOME Pack!

Tough Questions 2ntziau-4  HomeHome  Skeleton PortalSkeleton Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tough Questions

Go down 
+3
Cordelia
REDDPAW
whisperin_willow
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Number of posts : 995
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime11th February 2009, 19:25

YOUR VALUED OPINIONS ARE WANTED

on the other site we were on, there was a thread called CHRISTIAN & ALTERNATE BELIEFS
i wanted to do something different here

i would like us to post a myriad of questions, on everything & anything

there's only a few rules

WE ARE ALL FRIENDS
WE ARE ALL ADULTS

let us respect one anothers views. especially if they're not our own
we are all different, and won't always agree

that being said

HOW WOULD YOU DEFINE ADULTERY
&
YOUR VIEWS ON IT

i thought we could leave the question for maybe a week
that should give everyone who's here, time to see & respond
we'll keep the questions anonymous
i will be the only one who knows who wrote what
you can pm me, or email me
my addy is bigmoe1219@yahoo.com

P.S.
of course, you can still post your opinion once a new question is posted, but let's try to keep it to a week
we don't want to go a round beating a dead horse bounce

lets have fun
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime11th February 2009, 19:38

this is what the dictionary says:

Fornication
(sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons)

and

adultery
(sexual intercourse with someone other than one's spouse)

IS THERE ANY REASON THAT WOULD JUSTIFY ADULTERY?
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Character sheet
WHF Rank:: STORYTELLER
Race:: Child of Fate
Auspice: Garou only: N/A

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime12th February 2009, 02:33

IS THERE ANY REASON THAT WOULD JUSTIFY ADULTERY?

IMHO, I feel that only if one partner is completely unable to actually have sex due to some handicap. AND is it adultery if the handicapped partner approves? ie. .... encouraged said ... unity.
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime12th February 2009, 14:38

I WOULD STILL CONSIDER IT ADULTERY
ADULTERY IS WHAT IT IS, NO MATTER IF IT'S AGREED UPON, OR NOT
Back to top Go down

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime12th February 2009, 17:38

Well, I guess it all depends on what your meaning of adultery is. Everyone may have a different opinion about what it is. I can't not let the bible influence me on what I think about it, because of who I am and what I believe. I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing, in the eyes of the Lord, always. The thing about the bible, is you need to dig deeper within yourself, so the Lord can reveal what He wants to you. Not everybody is going to have the same interruption and revelations. It's about how God speaks to your heart.

It's not my intention to make anyone feel odd, because I know we don't share the same beliefs. And I know it can happen, and I don't want it to, lol. But here it goes.

I view adultery as cheating on your spouse, whether it be physically or emotionally.

The person who is cheating with the married person, is also an adulterer.

Now, there are other factors to add into the mix. As Redd was saying, what if a married couple agree on something.?

God tells me, the marriage bed is undefiled. So anything that a married couple agree on in bed, is ok with God. As long as they are in agreement about it. Because a house divided, cannot stand.
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime12th February 2009, 17:52

i don't think it matters if they agree or not, it's still adultery
i agree with your view on adultery
but if the "other" person is not married, they are called fornicators
it's really just a different term
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Character sheet
WHF Rank::
Race::
Auspice: Garou only:

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 10:56

Well Willow I see our discussion made it to the boards,lol. You did warn me.

Being that I don't follow the bible I have a different view point.
To me adultery is basically cheating on your spouse. Ie having an affair/sex with another without your spouse's knowledge & consent.
Sorry but like anything else that happens behind a closed bedroom door it's nobody's business but those involved. If all parties are willing & agree then who am I to judge what is right or wrong.
Doesn't the bible also say sex between the same sex is wrong? Yet there are any number of people with same sex partnerships that I have met that are a joy to be around & are an asset to society. Are we to dictate to them who they may love? To me as long as all parties are of age (legal) & consenting then it's their business not mine. I don't want them in my bedroom dictating to me how to have sex/make love to my husband so why should I have the right to do that to them?

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 14:03

hi cori,

thx for your response, and yes i did warn you Very Happy
on homosexuality:
i know the bible says that man shall not lie with man
but
it also says in Romans1::

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. i forget what precede this now for my opinion on this subjectthe bible is open up to interpretationyou cannot take it literally, for if that were the case, i would be labeled an adulteress, and subject to stoning(i think)-----it says : ANYONE WHO LOOKS AT A WOMAN LUSTFULLY HAS ALREADY COMMITTED ADULTERY WITH HER IN HIS HEART POINT 2homosexuality is not in the commandments prefer not to label my friends gay/straight/etc--------to do so implies prejudicewho cares what you arelike you, i agree that you can't help who you love i have done some bad, bad things in my life, as you well knowwas i sorry then? noam i sorry now? yes you learn, you grow i'm sure my indiscretions directly hurt people along the waythe fact that i have gay friends who are in a relationship doesn't hurt me in the least, be it directly or indirectly i just look at people as being peoplei like to ask questions, so i can understandthey are my friends regardless if we all took the time to listen & understand, think of how much better off we'd be
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 18:20

I agree willow, Many dont take time to listen.
Its a shame really, as people are all the same, and yet, different in their beliefs, and attitudes on may different subjects.

It seems that many things are left for interpretation. Especially where Religion is concerned. I purchased a Koran many hears ago. I wanted to learn a little about it and asked many questions.

Does that make me a terrorist? no, it makes me curious, and interested to hear both sides. I really could not understand alot of it, probably because Religion, (IMHO) is partly determined by culture. Since I am not of their culture, I could not understand most of the Koran. The little I could understand, seemed very close to the christian bible.

So here is a Hard Question:

Do both factions fight worshiping the same god, in there own way? from their own culture?
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 18:44

Query, when you boil it all down to the basics what is the difference between Homosexualism & Adultery except that one is against the commandments & the other isn't yet both are deemed wrong by not only the bible but also by the Christian community for the large part as well.
Guess, it's simpler for me as I just place the entire thing under one concept that works for me. "Do what ye will but harm none."

Also I have not seen a clear definition yet that shows what the bible or those that wrote it mean by the term "adultery".

Per your IM to me this is what is written:
FOR I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT WHOSOEVER LOOKS ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HATH COMMITTED ADULTERY WITH HER ALREADY IN HIS HEART........matthew 5:28

Yet to me this implies more the definition of sex. There is no indication in this passage where reference is made of either parties marital status. And if you review the passage again it clearly reads as if only the "man" is the adulterer as it clearly states "looks on a woman" & "with her". Does this then mean that for a woman can never commit this sin?

If anyone can produce a clear definition of what the bible means by adultery then please post it. At this point I have seen nothing to lead me to think it's anything other then sex.

I am copying the passage & changing something. Please bear with me & see if the passage when altered slightly makes more sense. (I changed one word).

FOR I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT WHOSOEVER LOOKS ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HATH COMMITTED SEX WITH HER ALREADY IN HIS HEART........matthew 5:28

Hope you can see my point.

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:13

Redd, yes and no. They only believe the bible, up to Abraham. When he slept with his handmaid, because Sarah told him too, because she was too old to have kids. Then the God blessed her and she was able to have a child, which was Issac. But Ishmael, who was born to his handmaid, was believed to be the promise child, even thought it was given to Issac. That's when Islam split.

Cori, yes that means men and women both. The bible often says men, because back then, women didn't have the position they do now. But it was meant for everyone.

I believe adultery to be just what I said it is.

One also has to take into consideration, that a lot of these things were made into points, to stress the need to ask for forgiveness. Not to condemn people, but to show that everyone struggles with these things sometimes, because of sin in the world. And, we all need forgiveness.
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:21

Interesting so if God blessed Sarah & her husband w/ a child because she allowed her husband to sleep w/another to get a child because she couldn't have children anymore isn't that basically saying what they did was ok by God? Does that mean that God gave his blessing to an adulterer?

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:30

Hence my interpretation, if a husband and wife are in agreement, the marriage bed is undefiled. Because if it wasn't, God surely would have touched on that in the bible. How many men were there, that had several wives, and handmaidens? And many of them, were men of God. Look at David. He was said to be a man after God's own heart. But I didn't see anywhere that God said, David, you gotta stop doing this, it's not right. Why? Because it was in agreement. And the marriage bed is undefiled.
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:35

Do both factions fight worshiping the same god, in there own way? from their own culture?

hmmmmmmmmmm
that's a toughy, Redd

i know christians believe in God, the muslims believe in Allah
Allah is the standard Arabic word for God

are they the same? to be honest, i don't know
there are christian arabs

check here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah

There are both similarities and differences between the concept of God as portrayed in the Qur'an and the Hebrew Bible.

you notice it says : as portrayed
now to me that means interpretation
so one could make the argument the the Qu'ran & the Bible are an interpretation of God's word that was given to man

now, as far as fighting worshipping the same God, one could say yes
it's just that due to interpretation, extremists kill in the name of Allah
i don't believe i've ever heard of a chrstian killing in the name of God

i hope this makes sense to you, Redd
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:36

So by that reasoning the commandment:
"Thou shalt not commit adultery" is only a command from God to ensure that the husband & wife be in agreement before either is allowed to "sleep" with another?

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:38

Not if I understand things correctly cori.

If God approved of said action, then that man in this case is not an adulterer. then again, I could be way offbase eith that one. Smile
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:44

whisperin_willow wrote:

now, as far as fighting worshiping the same God, one could say yes
it's just that due to interpretation, extremists kill in the name of Allah
i don't believe i've ever heard of a christian killing in the name of God

i hope this makes sense to you, Redd[/size]

I am not trying to hurt or offend anyone, but what about the Crusades?
they killed in the name of "God".

At least to my understanding anyway..
Back to top Go down

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:45

I guess I don't understand what you are asking Cori.

Personally, I think the 10 commandments are pretty self explanatory.

But God wanted to emphasize the necessity of union. A house divided cannot stand.
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:46

Willow, I disagree. They called it the Crusades amongst other things.

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:49

Redd, I don't know a lot about that. But I do know, a lot of people fought "in the name of God". But just because they said that, doesn't mean it was ordered by God. I tend to believe it was more "in the name of the church, or the king".
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 21:51

Sweet, all I'm saying is exactly what you said that Adultery to God is defined by someone who is married having sex with another w/o the consent of the spouse. If all parties involved agree then it's not considered Adultery in the eyes of God.

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 22:01

Sweet, then you could also say the same of the Islamic peoples. That they say they are fighting in the name of their God but aren't really. The Crusades were well documented & to my knowledge we ok'ed by the Pope the head of the Church at that time.

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 22:05

i would tend to agree with what sweet said............
Back to top Go down

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 22:08

Cori, Yeah, like I said, in the name of who? LOL! You are talking about people that pray to Mary and the Saints, not to God. So where does, "in the name of God" come from really?
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime13th February 2009, 22:15

Sweet,

Not to be a butt but the same thing could be said of the bible. And who knows what the Islamic God has told the Islamic peoples. That would be like me saying the same of the prophets.

To me there is no difference.

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tough Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tough Questions   Tough Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tough Questions
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
*PACKHOME* :: PackDen>>A New Start :: GENERAL DISCUSSION-