*PACKHOME*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
*PACKHOME*

Welcome HOME Pack!

PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK 2ntziau-4  HomeHome  Skeleton PortalSkeleton Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK

Go down 
+2
Cordelia
REDDPAW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Character sheet
WHF Rank:: STORYTELLER
Race:: Child of Fate
Auspice: Garou only: N/A

PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Empty
PostSubject: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime13th June 2009, 21:36

www.defenders.org
http://www.defenders.org/wildlife_and_habitat/wildlife/wolf,_gray.php

about 8 years ago, I became involved in an organization to save what i can of the wildlife of this planet.
I tried to do this thru defenders of wildlife.

Honestly, I havent done much. but this is an idea Cori had.

it costs about $15 to $25 to adopt a wolf.
you could pay more if you like.

However, here is our thoughts:

One person may have trouble forking out that money, especially in this dwindling economy.
As a Pack, and united together we can do more and pool our resources to adopt a wolf for the pack,OR we could adopt as individuals.

See, one wolf saved is wonderful, and as a Pack it would not be expensive.
but, if we ALL adopt a wolf each, w could save THAT MANY MORE.
And we each would have a certificate for the wolf we adopt.

It is something to think about. Let us know on this thread. In this way we can save the Wolves from Palin, and stand tall, knowing we did something as individuals,as a Pack, or as both, to save wildlife on our planet.

Think about it guys, and let us know.

Last edited by ReddpaW on 17th June 2009, 16:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Character sheet
WHF Rank::
Race::
Auspice: Garou only:

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime17th June 2009, 13:53

Redd,
I think it's a great idea. For the Pack-shared wolves members could donate $3 a year. For those individuals that want one of their own you could pay the $15.

Right now Defenders of Wild Life are offering a windbreaker, a 4 issue subscription & an adoption of a wolf for $15 a year.

No matter what anyone decides it would be great to share the updates of the Pack's wolves here on this thread for all of us to enjoy.

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Number of posts : 995
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime17th June 2009, 21:24

what a great idea
i'm in
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime27th June 2009, 11:32

I would like to get this rolling sometime in July.
We have had some unexpected expenses this month, so we are posponing it til then.

probably sometime by 15 of July.

Just let me know if you want to do it individually, or as a pack, I vote for Individually, even though it would be a bit more expensive. The reason for this is to help more wolves.

But any whom wish to help with this are welcome, and we could do it as pack in that case.
Back to top Go down
goldgal

goldgal

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime7th July 2009, 13:36

I just luv the idea of us adopting a wolf ......i wish i could
adopt one on my own - but right now its not gonna happen...

Tho i would like to contribute to the pack getting one or two
adopted - so we all would have a share in this project....

Great idea Redd....

huggs goldie Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-fdKrkj82dKpGSPkBg.yoQnfn724t
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime7th July 2009, 16:32

Actually, Cori thought of it, after I suggested she and I do it.

I think its a great idea also.

Glad you agree.
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

PostSubject: UPDATE   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime8th July 2009, 11:46

Ok, I have called the Defenders of Wildlife. Things aren't quite what we thought. So here is what I was told by Shantel.
1) the $15. donation goes toward "helping" the wolves but does NOT adopt a wolf. It does get you a membership w/Defenders of Wildlife, a 4 subscription mag & a windbreaker w/the defenders logo on it.(per papers recieved from Redd).
(the website lists this:our award-winning Defenders magazine, an annual calendar with stunning wildlife photos, personalized address labels.)
2) A $25. donation does adopt a wolf. With this donation we'd receive a picture of a wolf as well as a fact sheet on each wolf.A subscription to their magazine & a small wolf plushie. ( Redd this means we have to adopt 2 otherwise the children will fight over the plushie,lol).

https://secure.defenders.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=wagc_graywolf

https://secure.defenders.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=wagc_redwolf

3) They can not currently set up an account where everyone could just donate to in order to adopt. We'd have to set up an account on our own for the donations to be made from.
4) The account must be a Visa/Master card account. Yes debits are allowed as long as they have the Visa/Master card logo on them.

4) I explained to Shantel that as our group could reasonably share the plushies or want 15 copies of the subscriptions & asked if it were possible to just get the pics of the wolves & the fact sheet. I explained that while several of our members would enjoy having the plushie & other things it would be better as a group if we could have more funds go to the wolves & just send us the fact sheets & pictures to post to our website. she said she would send a request over to the main office & have them send us a packet of information.

So right now we wait & see what they say.

I spoke to my local bank about settin up an account w/them so we'd have a neutral place to send the funds for everyone & that would keep up w/the book keeping & then when we'd gather the funds we could contact the DOW.
The bank said they could set us up w/ a free checking account but the funds would have to come to one of us.
She suggested we either go through Paypal or contact the local court house to see if we could get a tax number. Which means more of our funds that goes to administration & not the wolves.

I will make another call to another bank tomorrow & see what they have to say.

Thanks for listening.

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime8th July 2009, 13:20

I've been the reading the website for DOW more closely. We can adopt just the wolves for $20. It will give us just fact sheets & a pic which is what we want.

https://secure.defenders.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=wagc_byprice

Willow has graciously agreed to be the "mail box" for the funds & or record keeper.

Hope this helps.

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime8th July 2009, 15:52

We are in the beginning stages of getting this rolling. Bear with this please and we will get it done.

I wish to help wolves, polar bears, whatever we can. But I want to start with the wolves,(imagine that).

")

Peace and Love,
Redd
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime9th July 2009, 10:23

Morning,
I have been doing some thinking about this. Now Willow has graciously agreed to be our mailbox for receiving funds. For those of you who are interested then please see her to obtain a mailing addy.

Willow, I hate to impose on you but you may want to consider opening a savings account for our project & please make sure that there is a POD/authorized signer on it so if something happens the funds can still be accessed. Also the DOW only accepts visa/master card or debits that have a visa/mastercard logo ie can be used as either credit or debit. As you have volunteered to be the mailing box for this I am also going to ask you to be the treasurer for it as well.
When funds are received I ask that you post that a donation was received, how much it was, & what the account balance is.
When we have enough funds to send for a wolf I ask that you notify everyone by post announcement that we have enough for another adoption & when you are sending in the funds.
Unless it's a personal wolf (ie a wolf that was adopted by an individual pack member) then I am for having Willow recieve the packets on info on the wolves as well.
Willow, would you also be willing to scan the information onto your pc & then post it appropriately so that all of our members can enjoy our Pack?
I know this is starting to become a lot of work for you Willow & I am sorry. I'm willing to help out where I can to make this easier but as you are willing to be the mail box it just follows that the rest would come to you as well.
Are you going to be ok with all of this work?

Peace & (((hugs)))
Cori
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime3rd December 2009, 14:06

my gift to 'THE PACK'

PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Img134-1

MERRY CHRISTMAS

i think it appropriate to call our first wolf

REDD

hugz
Back to top Go down
Mysticfairy

Mysticfairy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime3rd December 2009, 15:31

WOW, Willow, that is awesome, truly awesome!!!!!

Hugggggs,
Mystic
Back to top Go down
Cordelia

Cordelia

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime3rd December 2009, 17:04

Willow,
Whoo Hoo, great. What a beautiful wolf. Thanks for sharing.

huggers
Cori
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime3rd December 2009, 17:19

some info on our new child

PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Vghi4z

Behaviour
Wolves live, travel & hunt in packs of 4 to 7 animals.......Packs include the mother & the father wolves, called

PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK 3f0d4
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime3rd December 2009, 17:33

whisperin_willow wrote:
my gift to 'THE PACK'

PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Img134-1

MERRY CHRISTMAS

i think it appropriate to call our first wolf

REDD

hugz

Willow,
I .... am speechless.

Thank you.

Peace and Love to all of Pack.

Redd
Back to top Go down
DarkMaidenn

DarkMaidenn

Number of posts : 968
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime5th December 2009, 01:14

That is awesome Willow.
He looks a bit like my Storm...
What an awesome gift!
(((HUGS)))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK   PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PROPOSAL TO REDDPAWS PACK
Page 1 of 1