*PACKHOME*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
*PACKHOME*

Welcome HOME Pack!

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL 2ntziau-4  HomeHome  Skeleton PortalSkeleton Portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Character sheet
WHF Rank:: STORYTELLER
Race:: Child of Fate
Auspice: Garou only: N/A

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Empty
PostSubject: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime22nd July 2009, 20:43

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL 2cgg0pl

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties-months.htm
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties.htm (ty Willow for the link)

Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there,
eighty are nothing but targets, nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them, they make the battle...
AH but ONE, one of them is a Warrior...
he will bring the others back
Heraclitus c. 500 B.C.

War is Hell!!!
We all know that.

But I was looking out across the hills today, and enjoying the beautiful scenery, and....in my solice and tranquility, I remembered one of Clan Scale, one whom went to war, and was killed in action....

I knew him only online, and... regrettably for a very short time before he was shipped off to fight for our freedom.

This "Wall" is to Honor him, and all those that gave their lives for our freedom of speech, freedom to dress how we like, and our complete way of life.....

I worked with a young man delivering Pizza in Florida. He was shipped to war before I moved, I just sent him an email about 3 days ago. No answer yet.

I worked with a young girl (18) where I work now. She is going in August.
And another co-worker is going later this year.....
They are still alive. yet, I fear I will never see them again.

This is dedicated to ALL soldiers whom went to war and gave their lives.
Whether you know them or not. Doesnt matter.

Anytime you see a name in the paper, on the news, ANYWHERE write it down!!!
and a little about them would be nice also.

List the names of The Fallen Soldiers here, so there IS a record....So they are not forgotten.
And Thus, I begin...

FrodoBaggins was his screen name. I only knew him a short time online before he was shipped to war.
We got word of his death in Jan of 2006, I...regrettably dont remember the actual date.

Below is the most recent guestbook entries on his Dramaspot Profile.
http://www.Dramaspot.com/profiles/p/frodobaggins
Plz note the dates.

Guest Book
Redpaw

I finally found my bookmark for your profile.
Frodo, you will be missed.
Rest my friend.
Clan Scale will always remember our lost comrade.

May the Valkyries guide you to Valhalla.

Peace and Love,
Redpaw
Redpaw
Added on: January 10, 2008 01:25 PM
STANTHEMAN

To those who may visit your page my dear friend. Any who read this my friend has been laid to rest he was K.I.A. in Iraq no longer will we see him again. Rest in peace. GOD be with you.
STANTHEMAN
Added on: January 04, 2008 10:39 AM
kokokitten

Just stopping in to say HI, and to wish you a safe and quick return home.
Miss kind sir
kokokitten
Added on: November 11, 2006 10:53 AM

Frodo was and always will be a Member of Clan Scale.
And.. I also believe he would be Pack were he alive now.
So he is the first on this Wall....

THE HONORED FALLEN
We miss you Brother.

This wall is to honor the fallen.
originally it was started to list the names of those we find in then news or known family members whom have fallen in battle. It has become very difficult to keep up with and I would welcome anyone whom is weilling to help with it.

If you know anyone whom deserves to be here, then place their name on the wall.
I used to paste names taken from the casualty lists and fell far behind in my postings.
I am no longer able to continue with that action.
I assure you those that serve and fall are not forgotten.

Last edited by REDDPAW on 25th February 2013, 01:10; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Number of posts : 995
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime22nd July 2009, 21:10

omg
how totally awesome
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime22nd July 2009, 22:13

I thought so Willow, I felt it appropriate that Frodo be at the top of the list, because he is Clan Scale, and also Pack.

The link you provided lists SO MANY!!!, I do not see it as feasible to place all that data on this topic at this time. Lets just start with any names you see or hear at this point.

I will see what I can do about placing the other names here.
once i figure out how i am to do it. I think a copy/paste may, but will have to do later this eve.
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime25th July 2009, 09:22

CASUALTIES
JULY 2009
Pfc. Lucas M. Bregg 19 08 July 2009 2nd Bn, 5th Cavalry, 1st BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-Baghdad Died July 8 after being found unresponsive at a Coalition forces facility / DoD Release: Died July 8 in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries suffered from a non-combat related incident
-
Chief Warrant Officer Rodney A. Jarvis 34 08 July 2009 46th Engineer Bn, 1st Maneuver Enhancement Brigade, MND-Baghdad DoD Release: Died July 13 in Baghdad of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
-
Spc. Daniel P. Drevnick 22 16 July 2009 34th MP Co., 34th Infantry Division, Minnesota Army National Guard, MND-South Killed when Contingency Operating Base Basra was attacked by indirect fire at approximately 9:15 p.m. on July 16 / DoD Release: Died July 16 in Basra of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using indirect fire
-
Spc. James D. Wertish 20 16 July 2009 34th MP Co., 34th Infantry Division, Minnesota Army National Guard, MND-South Killed when Contingency Operating Base Basra was attacked by indirect fire at approximately 9:15 p.m. on July 16 / DoD Release: Died July 16 in Basra of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using indirect fire
-
Spc. Carlos E. Wilcox IV 27 16 July 2009 34th MP Co., 34th Infantry Division, Minnesota Army National Guard, MND-South Killed when Contingency Operating Base Basra was attacked by indirect fire at approximately 9:15 p.m. on July 16 / DoD Release: Died July 16 in Basra of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using indirect fire
-
Lance Cpl. Brandon T. Lara 20 19 July 2009 3rd Bn, 4th Marine, 1st MARDIV, I MEF, MNF-West Killed in a combat-related incident as a result of enemy action July 19 / DoD Release: Died July 19 while supporting combat operations in Anbar province, Iraq
-
Back to top Go down
DarkMaidenn

DarkMaidenn

Number of posts : 968
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Character sheet
WHF Rank::
Race::
Auspice: Garou only:

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime25th July 2009, 23:32

The Men Surrounding Washington

There is something almost haunting about these images. They are the stuff of dreams. The dreams of little boys and girls who have heard the story of George Washington and the American Revolution since childhood. Yet who among us ever imagined we could stare across time, into the very eyes of men who had witnessed the dawn of America? Such is the magic of life, and liberty, and the story of America.

Captain George Fishley:

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL GeorgeFishley

Portsmouth, New Hampshire;
Born in 1760 and enlisting in the Continental Army in 1777, George Fishley entered this world during the reign of King George III, and stayed long enough to witness America’s first thirteen presidents. We are looking into the eyes of a man who fought the British in the American Revolution! By Fishley’s own account, he served at Valley Forge without shoes or stockings, fought at the battle of Monmouth, New Jersey in 1778, and witnessed the hanging of British spy Major John Andre in place of his co-conspirator Benedict Arnold.

Fishley later served aboard a privateer, was captured and imprisoned by the British at Halifax, Nova Scotia, and eventually commanded a coaster transporting goods between Portsmouth and Boston, Massachusetts. Captain George Fishley “went to sleep and died December 26th [1850] aged 90 years, 7 months, and 15 days” and slipped the bonds of this Earth forever.

William Hutchings

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL WilliamHutchings

York, Maine (then part of Massachusetts);
Born on October 6, 1764, William Hutchings enlisted at the age of fifteen in a regiment of Massachusetts Militia commanded by Colonel Samuel McCobb. He served six months in the coastal defense of his own state. During this time, the British took possession of the neighboring town of Castine, Hutchings’ family fled to Newcastle, and William remained behind to fight the Crown Forces.

He spent his final years in a house built with his own hands, high on an elevation at the head of Penobscot Bay. He lived long enough to witness his beloved country reunited again, dying at 101 years old on May 2, 1866, and was buried on the farm where he had spent so much of his life. One of the speakers at his funeral was the reverend Mr. Ives of Castine who related; “’One of the last requests of Mr. Hutchings was, that the American flag should recover his remains, and be unfurled at his funeral.’”

Peter Stephen Duponceau:

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL PeterDuponceau

Saint Martin de Re;
Born on June 3, 1760, Peter Stephen Duponceau was educated in a Benedictine college, and by 1777 he was traveling across the Atlantic Ocean as secretary and aide-de-camp to Friedrich Wilhelm Baron von Steuben. At Valley Forge, Duponceau was made a captain in the Continental Army in 1778, and assisted Von Steuben as he drilled the American troops under the watchful eye of General George Washington. As Von Steuben spoke no English, and Duponceau spoke many languages, Duponceau provided valuable assistance in the Regulations for the Order and Discipline of the Troops of the United States published in Philadelphia in 1779.

Ill-health forced Duponceau to resign from the army in 1781, and he settled in Philadelphia, studied law, and was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar. Duponceau is best remembered today for his comprehensive study of Native American languages. He was a member of the American Philosophical Society since 1791, was elected president in 1827, and served as such until his death on April 1, 1844. Speaking to the Law Academy of Philadelphia in 1831 about the U.S. Constitution, Duponceau said, “on cool and mature reflection, we cannot help considering [it] as the most perfect system of government that has ever existed among mankind.”

Daniel Waldo:

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL RevDanielWaldo

Windham, Connecticut;
Daniel Waldo was born on the 10th day of September, 1762, the ninth of thirteen children. Waldo was also a third cousin to the second U.S. president John Adams. In 1778, at the age of sixteen, Waldo was drafted for a month’s service in the Connecticut militia at New London, and subsequently enlisted for eight months with the Connecticut State troops under the command of Colonel Levi Wells. Later in life to receive a pension from the federal government, Waldo testified that at Greenwich, Connecticut, “on the 25th day of December AD 1779 I was stationed as sentinel at the door of the house of Colonel Wells, I together with twenty or more including the said Colonel were taken prisoners by the refugees or cow boys.” Sent to New York and confined by the British until February 25, 1780, Waldo and his companions were finally exchanged.

After the war, Daniel Waldo entered Yale College to devote himself to the ministry where he was graduated with honors in 1788. He moved to the State of New York in 1835, and in 1856 Waldo accompanied his son’s family to Syracuse. He died there at 101 years, 10 months and 20 days, on July 30, 1864.

Lemuel Cook:

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL LemuelCook

Northbury, Connecticut;
Born on September 10, 1764, it is somewhat unclear what year Lemuel Cook entered the service of his country. However, “he has retained in his possession a copy from the War Department of his discharge, signed by General George Washington, which states that he was a private in the Second Light Dragoons, Connecticut regiment. His field officers are stated as Col. Sheldon, Lieut. Col. Jennison, and Major [Benjamin] Tallmadge.”

Lemuel Cook said he saw action from White Plains, “across the Jerseys,” Brandywine, and Yorktown, and likely other battles he failed to mention. He lived to see the Civil War ended and the reunion of America, and died on May 20, 1866, at Clarendon, New York, at the age of 102 years old.

Alexander Milliner:

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL AlMilliner

Quebec/Lake George, New York;
Alexander Milliner was born on the 14th of March, most likely in the year 1770. he was enlisted by his stepfather Florence Maroney as a drummer boy in Colonel Van Schaick’s First New York Regiment under the name Alexander Maroney where he served until June of 1783.

Although as an old man Milliner claimed to be in a few additional battles, it seems likely, based on his own words and the history of the regiment, that young Alexander beat his drum at the battles of Valcour Island, Saratoga, Monmouth, the Sullivan Expedition against the Iroquois and Loyalists in western New York, and at Yorktown as well. The regiment was furloughed on June 2, 1783, at Newburgh, New York, and formally disbanded November 15, 1783. It seems certain that Milliner served six and a half years in the army altogether, and his pension claim was signed in September of 1819 by John C. Calhoun under the seal of the War Department, as “late a drummer in the Army of the Revolution.

This photograph was made in 1864 while “his sympathies enlisted most strongly on the side of the Union; he declaring that it is ‘too bad that this country, so hardly got, should be destroyed by its own people.’” The exact place and date of his death remains uncertain.

Samuel Downing:

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL SamDowning

Newburyport, Massachusetts;
Born on the 31st of November, 1764, Samuel Downing enlisted in 1780 in the Second New Hampshire Regiment, and likely spent the majority of his service in the Mohawk Valley and later at Yorktown, Virginia. Downing served until 1783, and seems to have been discharged in the summer of 1783, when the Second and Third New Hampshire were consolidated into the First New Hampshire Regiment.

At the writing of The Last Men of the Revolution by Reverend E. B. Hillard in 1864, Samuel Downing was living with his son James in Edinburgh, Saratoga County, New York, when his pension was increased to One Hundred and Eighty Dollars by a Special Act of Congress from April 1, 1864. Additionally, “Mr. Downing’s faith in the Invisible is firm and clear, and his anticipation of the rest and reward of Heaven strong and animating. He greatly enjoys religious conversation, invokes a blessing at the table; and when prayer was offered, at his request, responded intelligently and heartily, in true Methodist style. Doubtless, when the earthly house of this tabernacle is dissolved, he will find awaiting him ‘a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.’” Sam Downing died February 19, 1867, near Antrim, New York.
Back to top Go down
DarkMaidenn

DarkMaidenn

Number of posts : 968
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime25th July 2009, 23:38

Adam Link:

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL AdamLink

Washington County, Pennsylvania;
Adam Link was born on November 14, 1760, in the southwestern part of Pennsylvania near the border with Virginia. In the year 1760, this area of Pennsylvania, was still considered the frontier. The French, Indians, and British all contested the Ohio Valley, and it would remain a dangerous part of the colonies for the next twenty-five years. While Adam was away serving in the militia, his father was killed by Indians in 1780, his house and barn were burnt, and all their livestock were carried away by the warriors.

Adam Link enlisted in the Pennsylvania Militia in June of 1777 for six months at a time under Colonel Williamson. During the first year and a half, Link serves at various forts within Washington County. Sometime during his third enlistment the militia marched into Virginia to man the ‘Wheeling Garrison.’ He enlisted for the last time on the 15th of June 1779 and served his final six-month stint until December 20, 1779. While Adam Link was not in any battles, he did serve his country doing garrison duty in a variety of forts along the Pennsylvania and Virginia frontier. He died living with his son-in-law in Sulpher Springs, Ohio, at 103 years old on August 15, 1864.

Conrad Heyer:

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL ConradHeyer

Waldoboro, Maine (then Massachusetts);
In 1749, Conrad Heyer became the first male white child born in Waldoboro, entering this world on “Broad Bay plantation.” Waldoboro is penetrated by Broad Bay, an extension of Muscongus Bay, on the Atlantic coast just south of Penobscot Bay. The town was first settled between 1733 and 1740 by German and Scotch-Irish immigrants brought in mainly through the influence of General Waldo. In the early 1740s, the town was attacked by Indians and essentially wiped out. The town was revived in 1748, and the general’s son, Sam Waldo, succeeded in attracting about 1,500 settlers during a trip to Germany in 1752-3, to aide in that revival.

Conrad Heyer served in the Continental Army, crossed the Delaware with Washington in 1776, and fought in other battles during the American Revolution. After the war, Heyer returned to Waldoboro, bought a farm, and lived out his days off the Atlantic coast. He was always ready to share his thrilling days during the war with his friends. He lived until 1856, when he died at nearly 107 years of age.

John Gray:

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL JohnGray

Mount Vernon, Virginia;
John Gray made his first earthly appearance on January 6, 1764, near Mount Vernon, Fairfax County, Virginia. When he was twelve years old, his father lost his life at the Battle of White Plains, New York, fighting for American freedom. John Gray joined the ‘War for Independence’ at the age of sixteen in 1780, and served six months. It seems he was also present at the Battle of Yorktown in October of 1781, although not as an enlisted man in either the militia or the Continental Army.

After the war Gray moved to the “Northwest Territory” and spent most of his life in Noble County, Ohio. During his life he was married three times and fathered at least four children. It seems that he held the distinction of being the second to last living veteran of the American Revolution when he died on March 29, 1868, at the age of 104 years. He is buried in the McElroy Family Cemetery, Brookfield Township, Noble County, Ohio.

Now, while these men did not die in the service of our country,
they are dead now, and they are all heroes as well.
I found this to be interesting, and thought I would share it with all of you.
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime27th July 2009, 15:36

Agreed Maidenn, they were heroes.

Here is another, died the 24th

Spc. Herberth A. Berrios-Campos 21 24 July 2009 1st Bn, 505th PIR, 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, MND-Baghdad Died July 24, of non-combat related injuries in eastern Baghdad / DoD Relase: Died July 24 in Salman Pak, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime22nd August 2009, 14:25

CASUALTIES
August 2009

1 Pvt. Keiffer P. Wilhelm 19 04 August 2009 2nd Bn, 13th Cavalry, 4th BCT, 1st Armored Division, MND-South Died of a non-combat related injury August 4 / DoD Release: Died August 4 in Maysan province, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident.

2 Spc. Richard A. Walters Jr. 41 10 August 2009 14th Combat Support Hospital DoD Release: Died Aug. 10 in Ali Al Salem, Kuwait, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident.

3 Spc. Matthew D. Hastings 23 17 August 2009 582nd Medical Logistics Company, 1st Medical Brigade, 13th Sustainment Command DoD Release: Died in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident

4 Pfc. William Z. Vanosdol 23 19 August 2009 172nd Support Bn, MND-South Killed in action August 19 / DoD Release: Died Aug. 19 at Ad Diwaniyah, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy rocket fire struck his quarters
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime31st August 2009, 21:30

5 2nd Lt. Joseph D. Fortin 22 23 August 2009 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry, 4th BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-Baghdad Died Aug. 23, from combat-related injuries while conducting a patrol in Baghdad / DoD Release: Died Aug. 23 in Muhallah, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an IED

6 Sgt. Earl D. Werner 38 28 August 2009 41st Special Troops Bn, 41st Infantry BCT, 13th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) Died of wounds suffered following an IED in eastern Baghdad Aug. 28 at approximately 2:30 a.m. / DoD Release: Died Aug. 28 in Rashid, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their vehicle with an explosively formed penetrator

7 Pvt. Taylor D. Marks 19 28 August 2009 41st Special Troops Bn, 41st Infantry BCT, 13th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) Died of wounds suffered following an IED in eastern Baghdad Aug. 28 at approximately 2:30 a.m. / DoD Release: Died Aug. 28 in Rashid, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their vehicle with an explosively formed penetrator
Back to top Go down
3angel9

3angel9

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime12th September 2009, 02:03

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL 911

For hubby's friend Rob P...lost on 9/11 and for all the rest that gave their lives. RIP and God BLess
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime13th September 2009, 19:08

This begins the list of names for the Fallen of September 2009

1 Staff Sgt. Todd W. Selge 25 03 September 2009 5th Bn, 20th Infantry, 3rd Stryker BCT, 2nd Infantry Division, MND-North Killed in a vehicle rollover accident in the Diyala province of northern Iraq Sept. 2 / DoD Release: Died Sept. 3 in Baqubah, Iraq, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over

2 Spc. Jordan M. Shay 22 03 September 2009 5th Bn, 20th Infantry, 3rd Stryker BCT, 2nd Infantry Division, MND-North Killed in a vehicle rollover accident in the Diyala province of northern Iraq Sept. 2 / DoD Release: Died Sept. 3 in Baqubah, Iraq, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over

3 1st Lt. Joseph D. Helton 24 08 September 2009 6th Security Forces Squadron, MNC-Iraq Killed when an IED targeting the patrol detonated in southern Baghdad at approximately 10: 30 a.m / DoD Release: Died died Sept. 8 near Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an IED

4 Staff Sgt. Shannon M. Smith 31 08 September 2009 545th MP Co., Arctic MP Bn, MNC-Iraq Killed when an IED targeting their patrol detonated in northern Iraq at approximately 11:40 a.m. / DoD Release: Died wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked vehicle with an explosive device Sept. 8 in Baji, Iraq

5 Pfc. Thomas F. Lyons 20 08 September 2009 545th MP Co., Arctic MP Bn, MNC-Iraq Killed when an IED targeting their patrol detonated in northern Iraq at approximately 11:40 a.m. / DoD Release: Died wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked vehicle with an explosive device Sept. 8 in Baji, Iraq

6 Pfc. Zachary T. Myers 21 08 September 2009 545th MP Co., Arctic MP Bn, MNC-Iraq Killed when an IED targeting their patrol detonated in northern Iraq at approximately 11:40 a.m. / DoD Release: Died wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked vehicle with an explosive device Sept. 8 in Baji, Iraq

7 Sgt. 1st Class Duane A. Thornsbury 30 12 September 2009 2nd Bn, 10th Special Forces Group DoD Release: Died Sept.12 in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over

8 Senior Airman Matthew R. Courtois 22 20 September 2009 1st Bn, 52nd Aviation Regiment, Task Force 49 DoD Release: Died Sept. 19 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when the Blackhawk helicopter he was in crashed

9 Senior Airman Matthew R. Courtois 22 20 September 2009 366th Security Forces Squadron, Mountain Home AFB DoD Release: Died Sep 20 as a result of a non-hostile incident on Abdullah Al Mubarak Airbase, Kuwait

10 Spc. Ross E. Vogel, III 27 29 September 2009 67th Signal Bn, 35th Signal BDE, MNC-Iraq Died of a non-combat related injury Sept. 29 / DoD Release: Died Sept. 29 in Kut, Iraq, of injuries suffered from a non-combat related incident
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime26th October 2009, 21:58

Here are the October listings of the Fallen

1 Spc. Paul E. Andersen 49 01 October 2009 855th Quartermaster Company, MNC-Iraq Killed in an indirect fire attack on Camp Liberty / DoD Release: Died Oct. 1 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his camp using indirect fire

2 Maj. Tad T. Hervas 48 06 October 2009 34th Infantry Division, MND-South Died of a non-combat related injury October 6 / DoD Release: Died Oct. 6 at Contingency Operating Base Basra, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident

3 U/I pending notification of next-of-kin 18 October 2009 MND-North Killed in a vehicle accident approximately five miles west of Mosul, Iraq, Oct. 18
4 Staff Sgt. Bradley Espinoza 26 19 October 2009 1st Bn, 12th Cavalry, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division DoD Release: Died Oct. 19 in Qwest, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an IED

5 Maj. David L. Audo
27 October 2009
Headquarters & Headquarters Det., 22nd MP Bn, 6th MP Group, MNC-Iraq
Died of a non-combat related injury at Camp Victory / DoD Release: Died Oct. 27 in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
6 Spc. Joseph L. Gallegos
28 October 2009
720th Transportation Co., New Mexico Army National Guard
DoD Release: Died Oct. 28 in Tallil, Iraq, in a non-combat related incident
7 Spc. Adrian L. Avila
29 October 2009
1343rd Chemical Co., 151st Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear Bn, 115th Fires BDE, Alabama ARNG
DoD Release: Died Oct. 29 at Khabari Crossing, Kuwait, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related accident
8 Pfc. Lukas C. Hopper
30 October 2009
1st Bn, 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, MND-Baghdad
Died Oct. 30 of non-combat related injuries sustained in a vehicle accident / DoD Release: Died Oct. 30, southeast of Karadah, Iraq, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over
9 Spc. Christopher M. Cooper
30 October 2009
2nd Bn, 28th Infantry, 172nd Infantry Brigade, MND-South
Died of a non-combat related injury October 30 / DoD Release: Died Oct. 30 in Babil province, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident

Last edited by ReddpaW on 11th November 2009, 23:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime26th October 2009, 22:09

CASUALTIES NOVEMBER 2008
1 Spc. Adam M. Wenger 27 05 Nov 2008 1st Bn, 76th Field Artillery, 4th BCT, 3rd Infantry Division, MND-Center Died of non-combat related causes Nov. 5 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 5 in Tunnis, Iraq, of injuries sustained during a non-combat incident
2 Pfc. Theron V. Hobbs 22 08 Nov 2008 572nd Engineer Company, 20th Engineer Bn, 36th Engineer BDE DoD Release: Died Nov. 6 in a motor vehicle accident in Kirkuk, Iraq
3 Staff Sgt. Timothy H. Walker 38 08 Nov 2008 64th Brigade Support Bn, 3rd BCT, 4th Infantry Division, MND-Baghdad Died of wounds and two Soldiers were wounded in a blast in northern Baghdad Nov. 8 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 8 in Baghdad when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle
4 Sgt. Jose Regalado 23 12 Nov 2008 3rd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment Killed when attacked by small-arms fire while on a joint dismounted patrol in an Iraqi Army compound at approximately noon Nov. 12 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 12 in Mosul, Iraq, when an Iraqi Army soldier wearing a uniform approached them and opened fire
5 Spc. Corey M. Shea 21 12 Nov 2008 3rd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment Killed when attacked by small-arms fire while on a joint dismounted patrol in an Iraqi Army compound at approximately noon Nov. 12 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 12 in Mosul, Iraq, when an Iraqi Army soldier wearing a uniform approached them and opened fire
6 Spc. Armando A. De La Paz 21 13 Nov 2008 3rd Bn, 29th Field Artillery, 3rd BCT, 4th Infantry Division, MND-Baghdad Died as the result of a non-combat related cause at approximately 3:50 a.m. Nov. 13 in Baghdad / DoD Release: Died Nov. 13 in Baghdad, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over
7 Spc. James M. Clay 25 13 Nov 2008 2nd Bn, 153rd Infantry, 39th BCT Died as a result of a non-combat related cause at approximately 11:52 a.m Nov. 13 in western Iraq / DoD Release: Died Nov. 13 in Anbar Province, Iraq, of injuries sustained in a vehicle accident
8 Cpl. Aaron M. Allen 24 14 Nov 2008 1st Bn, 4th Marines, 1st MARDIV, MNF-West Died Nov.14 as the result of wounds received when an improvised explosive device detonated in al Anbar province earlier in the day
9 Chief Warrant Officer Donald V. Clark 37 15 Nov 2008 6th Squadron, 17th Cavalry, Task Force 49, U.S. Army Alaska DoD Release: Died Nov. 15 in Mosul, Iraq, when their OH-58 Kiowa helicopter crashed while on a mission over Mosul
10 Chief Warrant Officer Christian P. Humphreys 28 15 Nov 2008 6th Squadron, 17th Cavalry, Task Force 49, U.S. Army Alaska DoD Release: Died Nov. 15 in Mosul, Iraq, when their OH-58 Kiowa helicopter crashed while on a mission over Mosul
11 Gunnery Sgt. Marcelo R. Velasco 40 19 Nov 2008 I Marine Expeditionary Force Headquarters Group, I MEF, MNF-West Died as the result of a non-combat related incident Nov. 19
12 Pvt. Charles Yi Barnett 19 20 Nov 2008 2nd Bn, 12th Cavalry, 4th BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-Center Died of non-combat related causes Nov. 20 / DoD Release: Died on Nov. 20 of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident in Tallil, Iraq
13 Sgt 1st Class Miguel A. Wilson 36 21 Nov 2008 2nd Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, MND-North Killed in a non-combat related incident in Mosul, Iraq, Nov. 21 / DoD Release: Died died Nov. 21 in Abu Sayf, Iraq, of injuries sustained during a rescue attempt of another soldier while their unit was conducting a dismounted reconnaissance mission
14 1st Lt. William K. Jernigan 35 24 Nov 2008 Headquarters Company, 1st Stryker BCT, 25th Infantry Division, MND-North Died from a non-battle related cause in Diyala province Nov. 24 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 24 in Baqubah, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
15 Capt. Warren A. Frank 26 25 Nov 2008 5th Air Naval Gunfire Liasion Company, III Marine Expeditionary Force Killed in a small-arms fire attack while conducting a humanitarian assistance operation near Biaj Nov. 25 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 25 while supporting combat operations in Ninewa province, Iraq
16 Master Sgt. Anthony Davis 43 25 Nov 2008 Military Transition Team, 1st Brigade, 1st Infantry Division Killed in a small-arms fire attack while conducting a humanitarian assistance operation near Biaj Nov. 25 / DoD Release: Died died Nov. 24 in Baaj, Iraq, after being shot by an Iraqi Security Force soldier while he was conducting a dismounted humanitarian food drop

CASUALTIES DECEMBER 2008
1 Staff Sgt. Solomon T. Sam 31 04 Dec 2008 523rd Engineer Company, 84th Engineer Bn, 25th Infantry Division DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered from an improvised explosive device Dec. 4 in Mosul, Iraq
2 Sgt. John J. Savage 26 04 Dec 2008 103rd Engineer Company, 94th Engineer Company DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered from an improvised explosive device Dec. 4 in Mosul, Iraq
3 Staff Sgt. Jonathan W. Dean 25 20 Dec 2008 561st MP Co., 716th MP Bn, 101st Sustainment Bde, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) Died of non-combat related causes Dec. 20 / DoD Release: Died Dec. 20, in Bayji, Iraq, of injuries suffered in a non-combat related incident in Tikrit, Iraq
4 Pfc. Coleman W. Hinkefent 19 20 Dec 2008 1st Bn, 6th Infantry, 2nd Bde, 1st Armored Division DoD Release: Died Dec. 20, 2008 in Hamburg, Germany of a non-combat related illness
5 Lance Cpl. Robert L. Johnson 21 20 Dec 2008 5th Combat Logistics Battalion, 1st Combat Logistics Regiment, 1st Marine Logistics Group DoD Release: Died Dec. 20 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Anbar province, Iraq
6 Lance Cpl. Thomas Reilly Jr. 19 21 Dec 2008 1st Bn, 3rd Marines, 3rd MARDIV, MNF-West Died Dec. 21, as the result of wounds received in action when he was attacked by an enemy force in al-Anbar province / DoD Release: Died Dec. 21 while supporting combat operations in Anbar province, Iraq
7 Staff Sgt. Christopher G. Smith 28 24 Dec 2008 3rd Bn, 16th Field Artillery, 2nd BCT, 4th Infantry Division, MND-Center Killed in a vehicle accident in southern Iraq Dec. 24 / DoD Release: Died Dec. 24 in Baghdad, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over
8 Spc. Stephen M. Okray 21 24 Dec 2008 3rd Bn, 16th Field Artillery, 2nd BCT, 4th Infantry Division, MND-Center Killed in a vehicle accident in southern Iraq Dec. 24 / DoD Release: Died Dec. 24 in Baghdad, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over
9 Spc. Stephen G. Zapasnik 19 24 Dec 2008 3rd Bn, 16th Field Artillery, 2nd BCT, 4th Infantry Division, MND-Center Killed in a vehicle accident in southern Iraq Dec. 24 / DoD Release: Died Dec. 24 in Baghdad, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over
10 Maj. John P. Pryor 42 24 Dec 2008 1st Medical Detachment, Forward Surgical Team DoD Release: Died Dec. 25 in Mosul of wounds suffered when a mortar round impacted near his living quarters
11 Master-at-Arms Seaman Apprentice Joshua D. Seitz 19 25 Dec 2008 Naval Security Force, Naval Support Activity Bahrain DoD Release: Died Dec. 25 in Manama, Bahrain
12 U/I pending notification of next-of-kin 28 Dec 2008 MND-Baghdad Died of wounds from an improvised explosive device explosion in northern Baghdad Dec. 28
13 Pvt. Benjamin B. Tollefson 22 31 Dec 2008 Special Troops Battalion, 2nd Heavy BCT, 1st Infantry Division Died Dec. 31, in Balad, Iraq from injuries sustained during combat operations, Dec. 30 / DoD Release: Died Dec. 31 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with indirect fire in Ghazaliya
14 Pfc. Christopher W. Lotter 20 31 Dec 2008 3rd Bn, 7th Field Artillery, 3rd BCT, 25th Infantry Division DoD Release: Died Dec. 31, 2008, in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when he was shot by enemy forces in Tikrit

CASUALTIES JANUARY 2009
1 Lance Cpl. Chadwick A. Gilliam 29 03 Jan 2009 2nd Bn, 6th Marines, 2nd MARDIV, II MEF DoD Release: Died Jan. 3 at a U.S. military base in Kuwait
2 Staff Sgt. Anthony D. Davis 29 06 Jan 2009 1st Bn, 75th Ranger Regiment DoD Release: Died Jan. 6 in Northern Iraq, of wounds suffered when he was shot by enemy forces
3 Staff Sgt. Justin L. Bauer 24 10 Jan 2009 2nd Bn, 505th PIR, 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, MND-Baghdad Died when an IED struck his vehicle in eastern Baghdad at approximately 8 p.m. Jan. 10
4 Pvt. Sean P. McCune 20 11 Jan 2009 2nd Bn, 35th Infantry, 3rd BCT, 25th Infantry Division Died as a result of a non-combat related injury near Samarra, Iraq Jan. 11 / DoD Release: Died Jan. 11 in Samarra, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
5 Sgt. Marquis R. Porter 28 11 Jan 2009 2nd Bn, 10th Marine, 2nd MARDIV, II MEF DoD Release: Died Jan. 11 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Anbar province, Iraq
6 Pfc. Ricky L. Turner 20 16 Jan 2009 3rd Brigade Special Troops Bn, 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, MND-Baghdad Died of wounds at approximately 3 p.m. Jan. 16 following an IED attack on his patrol in Baghdad / DoD Release: Died Jan. 16 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an IED detonated near his unit
7 Senior Airman Omar J. McKnight 22 17 Jan 2009 6th Security Forces Squadron DoD Release: Died Jan 17 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Balad, Iraq
8 Staff Sgt. Roberto Andrade Jr. 26 18 Jan 2009 1st Battalion, 66th Armor, 1st BCT, 4th Infantry Division, MND-Baghdad Died of wounds suffered following an IED in eastern Baghdad Jan. 18 at approximately 11 a.m / DoD Releasd: Died Jan. 18 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an IED struck his vehicle
9 Pfc. Matthew M. Pollini 21 22 Jan 2009 772nd Military Police Company, MND-Center Died in a non-combat related vehicle accident Jan. 22. / DoD Release: Died Jan. 22 at Forward Operating Base Delta, near al-Kut, Iraq, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over
10 Sgt. Kyle J. Harrington 24 24 Jan 2009 542nd Maintenance Co., 80th Ordnance Bn, 593rd Sustainment BDE DoD Release: Died Jan. 24 in Basra, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-hostile accident in his unit motor pool
11 Pvt. Grant A. Cotting 19 24 Jan 2009 515th Sapper Company, 5th Engineer Bn, 4th Maneuver Enhancement BDE DoD Release: Died JJan. 24 in Kut, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
12 Chief Warrant Officer Philip E. Windorski, Jr. 35 26 Jan 2009 6th Squadron, 6th Cavalry, 10th Combat Aviation BDE, 10th Mountain Division Died Jan. 26, when two aircraft crashed in Northern Iraq / DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered when two OH-58D Kiowa Warrior helicopters crashed Jan. 26 in Kirkuk, Iraq
13 Chief Warrant Officer Matthew G. Kelley 30 26 Jan 2009 6th Squadron, 6th Cavalry, 10th Combat Aviation BDE, 10th Mountain Division Died Jan. 26, when two aircraft crashed in Northern Iraq / DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered when two OH-58D Kiowa Warrior helicopters crashed Jan. 26 in Kirkuk, Iraq
14 Chief Warrant Officer Joshua M. Tillery 31 26 Jan 2009 6th Squadron, 6th Cavalry, 10th Combat Aviation BDE, 10th Mountain Division Died Jan. 26, when two aircraft crashed in Northern Iraq / DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered when two OH-58D Kiowa Warrior helicopters crashed Jan. 26 in Kirkuk, Iraq
15 Chief Warrant Officer Benjamin H. Todd 29 26 Jan 2009 6th Squadron, 6th Cavalry, 10th Combat Aviation BDE, 10th Mountain Division Died Jan. 26, when two aircraft crashed in Northern Iraq / DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered when two OH-58D Kiowa Warrior helicopters crashed Jan. 26 in Kirkuk, Iraq
16 Spc. Darrell L. Fernandez 25 01 Feb 2008 1st Bn, 67th Armor, 2nd BCT, 4th Infantry Division Died as a result of a non-combat related injury in Kirkuk, Iraq Jan 31 / DoD Release: Died Jan. 31 in Kirkuk, Iraq, of injuries sustained during a vehicle accident

CASUALTIES FEBRUARY 2009
1 Petty Officer 1st Class Theophilus K. Ansong 34 04 Feb 2009 LPD 17 DoD Release: Lost at sea Feb 4. Ansong was assigned to USS San Antonio (LPD 17) as it conducted operations in the Gulf of Aden
2 Spc. Christopher P. Sweet 28 06 Feb 2009 3rd Bn, 66th Armor, 172d Separate Infantry BDE Died as a result of a non-combat related injury near Balad Ruz, Iraq, Feb. 6 / DoD Release: Died Feb. 6 in Kirkush, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
3 Sgt. James M. Dorsey 23 08 Feb 2009 1st Bn, 66th Armor, 1st BCT, 4th Infantry Division, MND-Baghdad Died from a non-combat related incident Feb. 8 / DoD Release: Died Feb. 8 in Kamaliyah, Iraq, in a non-combat related incident
4 Lt. Col. Garnet R. Derby 44 09 Feb 2009 3rd Bn, 8th Cavalry, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division Killed when a suicide VBIED detonated near vehicle in Mosul, Iraq Feb. 9
5 Sgt. Joshua A. Ward 30 09 Feb 2009 3rd Bn, 8th Cavalry, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division Killed when a suicide VBIED detonated near vehicle in Mosul, Iraq Feb. 9
6 Pfc. Albert R. Jex 23 09 Feb 2009 3rd Bn, 8th Cavalry, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division Killed when a suicide VBIED detonated near vehicle in Mosul, Iraq Feb. 9
7 Pfc. Jonathan R. Roberge 09 Feb 2009 3rd Bn, 8th Cavalry, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division Died from wounds when a suicide VBIED detonated near vehicle in Mosul, Iraq Feb. 9
8 Cpl. Stephen S. Thompson 23 14 Feb 2009 1st Bn, 22nd Infantry, 1st BCT, 4th Infantry Division, MND-Baghdad Died from a non-combat related incident Feb. 14 / DoD Release: Died Feb. 14 in Baghdad of injuries sustained from a gunshot wound
9 Staff Sgt. Sean D. Diamond 41 15 Feb 2009 610th Engineer Support Co., 14th Engineer Battalion, 555th Engineer Brigade, MND-Center Killed killed by an IED in southern Iraq / DoD Release: Died Feb. 15 in As Salam, Iraq, when an IED detonated near his vehicle
10 PFC Cwislyn K. Walter 19 19 Feb 2009 29th Special Troops Bn, 29th Infantry BCT DoD Release: Died Feb. 19 in Kuwait City, Kuwait, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
11 Staff Sgt. Mark C. Baum 32 21 Feb 2009 1st Bn, 111th Infantry, 56th Stryker BCT, MND-Baghdad Died Feb. 21 while conducting a combat patrol near Baghdad / DoD Release: Died died Feb. 21 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered earlier that day when enemy forces attacked his unit using small arms fire in Mushada, Iraq
12 Cpl. Michael L. Mayne 21 23 Feb 2009 5th Squadron, 1st Cavalry, 1st Stryker BCT, 25th Infantry Division Died as a result of combat operations in Diyala Province, Iraq, Feb. 23 / DoD Release: Died Feb. 23 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using small arms fire
13 Cpl. Micheal B. Alleman 31 23 Feb 2009 5th Squadron, 1st Cavalry, 1st Stryker BCT, 25th Infantry Division Died as a result of combat operations in Diyala Province, Iraq, Feb. 23 / DoD Release: Died Feb. 23 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using small arms fire
14 Cpl. Zachary R. Nordmeyer 21 23 Feb 2009 5th Squadron, 1st Cavalry, 1st Stryker BCT, 25th Infantry Division Died as a result of combat operations in Diyala Province, Iraq, Feb. 23 / DoD Release: Died Feb. 23 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using small arms fire
15 1st Lt. William E. Emmert 36 26 Feb 2009 269th MP Co, 117th Military Police Bn DoD Release: Died Feb. 24 in Mosul, Iraq, of wounds suffered when he was shot while participating in a local Iraqi Police function
16 Spc. Brian M. Connelly 26 26 Feb 2009 40th Engineer Bn, Task Force 1-6, 2nd BCT, 1st Armored Division, MND-Baghdad Died Feb. 26 from combat related injuries while conducting a patrol in Baghdad / DoD Release: Died Feb. 26 in Adhamiya, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle was struck by an explosive device
17 Cpl. Donte J. Whitworth 21 28 Feb 2009 Combat Logistics Regiment 15, 1st Marine Logistics Group DoD Release: Died Feb. 28 as a result of a non-hostile vehicle accident in Anbar province, Iraq

CASUALTIES MARCH 2009
1 Sgt. Jeffrey A. Reed 23 02 Mar 2009 411th MP Company, 720th MP Bn, 89th MP BDE, MND-Baghdad Died March 2 from combat related injuries while conducting a patrol north of Baghdad / DoD Release: Died March 2 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle was struck by a grenade in Taji, Iraq
2 Pfc. Jessica Y. Sarandrea 22 03 Mar 2009 3rd Brigade Special Troops Bn, 3rd Heavy BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-North Died from injuries sustained during an indirect fire attack in Mosul, Iraq, Mar. 3 / DoD Release: Died March 3 in Mosul, Iraq, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked her forward operating base with mortar fire
3 1st Lt. Daniel B. Hyde 24 07 Mar 2009 2nd Bn, 35th Infantry, 3rd BCT, 25th Infantry Division, MND-North Died from injuries sustained following an attack on a patrol in the Salah Ad Din province of northern Iraq March 7 / DoD Release: Died March 7 in Samarra, Iraq, of wounds sustained in Tikrit when an explosive device struck his unit vehicle
4 Lance Cpl. Patrick A. Malone 21 10 Mar 2009 2nd Tank Bn, 2nd MARDIV, II MEF, MNF-West Died as the result of a non-combat related incident here March 10 / DoD Release: Died March 10 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Anbar province, Iraq
5 Spc. Gary L. Moore 25 16 Mar 2009 978th MP Company, 93rd MP Battalion, MND-Baghdad Died March 16 from combat related injuries while conducting a patrol in Baghdad / DoD Release: Died March 16 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when an explosive device struck his vehicle
6 Sgt. Jose R. Escobedo Jr. 32 19 Mar 2009 1st Battalion, 77th Field Artillery, MND-Center Died March 19 from non-combat related causes / DoD Release: Died March 20 in Baghdad, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident the night before at Forward Operating Base Kalsu in Iskandariyah, Iraq
7 Staff Sgt. Raphael A. Futrell 26 25 Mar 2009 13th MP Det., 728th MP Bn, 8th MP BDE, 8th Theater Sustainment Command, MND-Baghdad Died March 25 from non-combat related injuries / DoD Release: Died March 25 in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
8 Lance Cpl. Nelson M. Lantigua 31 31 Mar 2009 2nd Bn, 10 Marine, 2nd MARDIV, II MEF, MNF-West Died as the result of a non-combat related incident March 31 / DoD Release: Died March 31 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Anbar province, Iraq
9 Sgt. Devin C. Poche 25 31 Mar 2009 Special Troops Bn, 3rd Brigade, 25th Infantry Division, MND-North Died in a non-combat related incident in Salah ad Din province, March 31 / DoD Release: Died Mar. 31 at Contingency Operating Base Speicher, near Tikrit, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident

CASUALTIES APRIL 2009
1 Sgt. Daniel J. Beard 24 03 Apr 2009 147th Postal Company, 21st Theater Sustainment Command, 3rd Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) Died as a result of non-combat related causes Apr. 3 / DoD Release: Died April 3 in Al Diwaniyah, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
2 Lance Cpl. Stephen F. Dearmon 21 03 Apr 2009 2nd Marine Logistics Group, II MEF , MNF-West Died as the result of a non-combat related incident in Al Anbar Province April 3 / DoD Release: Died April 3 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Anbar province, Iraq
3 Spc. Israel Candelaria Mejias 28 05 Apr 2009 1st Bn, 2nd Infantry in TF 3rd Bn, 66th Armor, 172nd Infantry BCT Died as a result of operations in Diyala province, Iraq, April 5 / DoD Release: Died April 5 near Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when a mine detonated near him during combat operations
4 Staff Sgt. Gary L. Woods Jr. 24 10 Apr 2009 1st Bn, 67th Armor, 2nd BCT, 4th Infantry Division Killed from a suicide VBIED attack earlier in Mosul. The suicide truck bomb exploded near the Iraqi National Police headquarters in the southwest section of the city
5 Staff Sgt. Bryan E. Hall 32 10 Apr 2009 1st Bn, 67th Armor, 2nd BCT, 4th Infantry Division Killed from a suicide VBIED attack earlier in Mosul. The suicide truck bomb exploded near the Iraqi National Police headquarters in the southwest section of the city
6 Sgt. Edward W. Forrest Jr. 25 10 Apr 2009 1st Bn, 67th Armor, 2nd BCT, 4th Infantry Division Killed from a suicide VBIED attack earlier in Mosul. The suicide truck bomb exploded near the Iraqi National Police headquarters in the southwest section of the city
7 Cpl. Jason G. Pautsch 20 10 Apr 2009 1st Bn, 67th Armor, 2nd BCT, 4th Infantry Division Killed from a suicide VBIED attack earlier in Mosul. The suicide truck bomb exploded near the Iraqi National Police headquarters in the southwest section of the city
8 PV2 Bryce E. Gautier 22 10 Apr 2009 1st Bn, 67th Armor, 2nd BCT, 4th Infantry Division Killed from a suicide VBIED attack earlier in Mosul. The suicide truck bomb exploded near the Iraqi National Police headquarters in the southwest section of the city
9 Sgt. Christopher D. Loza 24 10 Apr 2009 1st Squadron, 124th Cavalry, 56th Infantry BCT, 36th Infantry Division DoD Release: Died Apr. 10, 2009, at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, D.C., of a non-combat related illness after becoming ill 17 March in Radwaniyah, Iraq
10 Spc. Michael J. Anaya 23 12 Apr 2009 2nd Bn, 27th Infantry, 3rd Infantry BCT, 25th Infantry Division Died of wounds sustained when an IED detonated in Salah-ad Din Province, April 12 / DoD Release: Died April 12 in Bayji, Iraq, when an IED detonated near his vehicle
11 Sgt. Raul Moncada 29 13 Apr 2009 563rd MP Co., 91st MP Bn, 10th Sustainment BDE, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry) Died of injuries sustained during an explosively formed projectile attack on a convoy five kilometers south of Karbalah, Iraq April 13 at approximately 7:40 a.m / DoD Release: Died April 13 near Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when an explosive device detonated near his vehicle
12 Lance Cpl. Ray A. Spencer II 20 16 Apr 2009 3rd Bn, 3rd Marine, 3rd MARDIV, MNF-West Died as the result of a non-combat related incident here April 16 / DoD Release: Died April 16 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Anbar province, Iraq
13 Cpl. Brad A. Davis 21 22 Apr 2009 82nd Brigade Support Bn, 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, MND-Baghdad Died April 22 from combat related injuries while conducting a patrol in eastern Baghdad / DoD Release: Died April 22 near Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds sustained when an IED detonated near his vehicle
14 Cpl. William C. Comstock 21 22 Apr 2009 2nd Supply Battalion, Combat Logistics Regiment 25, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, II MEF DoD Release: Died April 22 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Anbar province, Iraq
15 CSM Benjamin Moore, Jr. 43 24 Apr 2009 2d Bn, 27th Infantry, 3d BCT, 25th Infantry Division DoD Release: Died Apr 24 at Contingency Operating Base Speicher, Iraq, of injuries sustained in a non-combat related incident
16 Staff Sgt. Leroy O. Webster 28 25 Apr 2009 3rd Bn, 82nd Field Artillery, 2nd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-North Died from injuries sustained following an attack on a patrol in the Kirkuk Province of northern Iraq, April 25 / DoD Release: Died April 25 near Kirkuk, Iraq, after being shot while on a dismounted patrol
17 U/I pending notification of next-of-kin 30 Apr 2009 MNF-West Killed while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in Al Anbar province April 30
18 U/I pending notification of next-of-kin 30 Apr 2009 MNF-West Killed while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in Al Anbar province April 30
19 Petty Officer 2nd Class Tyler J. Trahan 22 30 Apr 2009 Explosive Ordnance Disposal Unit Twelve but deployed with an East Coast based Navy SEAL team Killed while conducting combat operations against enemy forces in Al Anbar province April 30 / DoD Release: Died on April 30 while conducting combat operations in Fallujah, Iraq

CASUALTIES MAY 2009
1 Spc. Jeremiah P. McCleery 24 02 May 2009 1st Bn, 12th Cavalry, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-North Killed during a small arms fire attack at a combat outpost south of Mosul / DoD Release: Died from wounds sustained after being shot by enemy forces in Mosul, Iraq on May 2

2 Spc. Jake R. Velloza 22 02 May 2009 1st Bn, 12th Cavalry, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-North Killed during a small arms fire attack at a combat outpost south of Mosul / DoD Release: Died from wounds sustained after being shot by enemy forces in Mosul, Iraq on May 2

3 Spc. Shawn D. Sykes 28 07 May 2009 215th Brigade Support Bn, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division DoD Release: Died May 7 at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Landstuhl, Germany, of wounds suffered from an accident that occurred May 5 at Combat Outpost Crazy Horse, Iraq

4 Pvt. Justin P. Hartford 21 08 May 2009 699th Maintenance Co., Corps Support Bn, 916th Support BDE, 3rd Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) Died as a result of non-combat related causes May 8 / DoD Release: Died May 8 at Joint Base Balad, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident

5 Staff Sgt. Randy S. Agno 29 08 May 2009 325th Brigade Support Bn, 3rd BCT, 25th Infantry Division DoD Release: Died May 8 at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, of wounds sustained Apr. 27 from a non-combat related incident at Forward Operating Base Olsen in Samarra, Iraq

6 Spc. Omar M. Albrak 21 09 May 2009 Individual Ready Reserve soldier assigned to the Headquarters, Multi-National Forces Iraq Killed in a non-combat related vehicle accident May 9 / DoD Release: Died May 9, in Baghdad, of injuries sustained during a motor vehicle accident

7 Maj. Steven Hutchison 60 10 May 2009 2nd Bn, 34th Armor, 1st BCT, 1st Infantry Division, MND-South Died when an IED struck his vehicle in the Basra Province at approximately 2 p.m. May 10 / DoD Release: Died May 10, in Basrah of wounds suffered when an IED detonated near his vehicle in Al Farr, Iraq

8 Maj. Matthew P. Houseal 54 11 May 2009 55th Medical Company Killed in a shooting at Camp Liberty in Baghdad at approximately 2 p.m
9 Staff Sgt. Christian E. Bueno-Galdos 25 11 May 2009 3rd Bn, 66th Armor, 172nd Infantry Brigade Killed in a shooting at Camp Liberty in Baghdad at approximately 2 p.m

10 Spc. Jacob D. Barton 20 11 May 2009 277th Engineer Company, 420th Engineer Brigade Killed in a shooting at Camp Liberty in Baghdad at approximately 2 p.m

11 Pfc. Michael E. Yates Jr. 19 11 May 2009 3rd Bn, 66th Armor, 172nd Infantry Brigade Killed in a shooting at Camp Liberty in Baghdad at approximately 2 p.m

12 Commander Charles K. Springle 52 11 May 2009 US Navy Killed in a shooting at Camp Liberty in Baghdad at approximately 2 p.m / DoD Release: Died May 11 from injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident at Camp Liberty, Iraq

13 Cpl. Ryan C. McGhee 21 13 May 2009 3rd Bn, 75th Ranger Regiment Killed while conducting combat operations in Duluiyah, approximately 80 km northwest of Baghdad, when unit came in contact with enemy forces / DoD Release: Died May 13 from wounds suffered when his unit came in contact with enemy forces while conducting combat operations in Central Iraq

14 Spc. David A. Schaefer Jr. 27 16 May 2009 1st Bn, 2nd Infantry, 172nd Infantry Brigade, MND-South Killed in action in southern Iraq / DoD Release: Died May 16 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an IED detonated near his unit

15 Maj. Jason E. George 38 21 May 2009 Army Reservist assigned to the 252nd Combined Arms Bn, MND-Baghdad Died when an IED detonated near their patrol in Baghdad at approximately 10:40 a.m. May 21 / DoD Release: Died May 21 near Baghdad, Iraq of wound sustained when unit was attacked by enemy forces using IEDs while on dismounted patrol

16 1st Lt. Leevi K. Barnard 28 21 May 2009 National Guardsman assigned to the 252nd Combined Arms Bn, MND-Baghdad Died when an IED detonated near their patrol in Baghdad at approximately 10:40 a.m. May 21 / DoD Release: Died May 21 near Baghdad, Iraq of wound sustained when unit was attacked by enemy forces using IEDs while on dismounted patrol

17 Sgt. Paul F. Brooks 34 21 May 2009 National Guardsman assigned to the 935th Aviation Support Bn, MND-Baghdad Died when an IED detonated near their patrol in Baghdad at approximately 10:40 a.m. May 21 / DoD Release: Died May 21 near Baghdad, Iraq of wound sustained when unit was attacked by enemy forces using IEDs while on dismounted patrol

18 Sgt. 1st Class Brian Naseman 36 22 May 2009 108th Forward Support Co., attached to 2nd Bn, 127th Infantry, 32nd Infantry BCT, MNC-Iraq Died in a non-combat related incident in Baghdad Province, May 22 / DoD Release: Died May 22 in Taji, Iraq of a non-combat related incident

19 Navy Cmdr. Duane G. Wolfe 54 25 May 2009 Activated Navy Reserve assigned to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Gulf Region Division in Iraq DoD Release: Died May 25 from injuries suffered as a result of an IED attack on his convoy southeast of Fallujah / MNF-Iraq Release

20 Maged M. Hussein 43 25 May 2009 U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Jacksonville District DoD Release: Died May 25 in Al Taqaddum, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an IED detonated near his convoy vehicle in Fallujah, Iraq

21 Spc. Chad A. Edmundson 20 27 May 2009 MND-Baghdad Died of combat-related injuries after an IED detonated near a patrol in western Baghdad May 27 / DoD Release: Died May 27 in Baghdad of wounds suffered when an IED detonated near his unit while on a dismounted patrol

22 Pvt. Thomas E. Lee, III 20 29 May 2009 3rd Bn, 8th Cavalry, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-North Died after a grenade detonated near a patrol in Ninewa province, May 29 / DoD Release: Died May 29 in Mosul, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an explosive device struck his vehicle

23 Pvt. Bradley W. Iorio 29 29 May 2009 Special Troops Bn, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, MND-North DoD Release: Died May 29 at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Landstuhl, Germany, of injuries suffered from a non-combat related incident May 27 in Tallil, Iraq

24 Spc. Marko M. Samsone 30 31 May 2009 277th Aviation Support Bn, 10th Combat Aviation BDE, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry) Died as a result of a non-combat related injury in Tikrit, Iraq, May 31 / DoD Release: Died May 31 in Tikrit, Iraq, of injuries suffered from a non-combat related incident

25 Spc. Samuel D. Stone 20 31 May 2009 1st Squadron, 303rd Cavalry Regiment DoD Release: Died May 31 in Tallil, Iraq, of injuries suffered during a non-combat related vehicle roll-over

CASUALTIES JUNE 2009
1 Sgt. Justin J. Duffy 31 02 Jun 2009 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, MND-Baghdad Died June 2 of combat-related injuries after an IED detonated near a patrol in eastern Baghdad / DoD Rlease: Died June 2 in Baghdad, Iraq, when an IED detonated near his vehicle

2 Spc. Christopher M. Kurth 23 04 Jun 2009 3rd Bn, 82nd Field Artillery, 2nd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-North Died from injuries received during a grenade attack on a patrol in the Kirkuk province of northern Iraq, June 4 / DoD Release: Died June 4 in Kirkuk, Iraq, of wounds suffered when his vehicle was struck by an anti-tank grenade

3 Spc. Charles D. Parrish 23 04 Jun 2009 5th Engineer Bn, 555th Engineer Brigade, MNC-Iraq Died of injuries received during a grenade attack on a patrol in the Diyala province of northern Iraq, June 4 / DoD Release: Died June 4 in Balad, Iraq, of wounds suffered earlier that day in Jalula, Iraq, when his vehicle was struck by an anti-tank grenade

4 Lance Cpl. Robert D. Ulmer 22 05 Jun 2009 1st Bn, 8th Marine, II MEF Headquarters Group, II MEF, MNF-West Died as the result of a non-combat related incident June 5 / DoD Release: Died June 5 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Anbar province, Iraq

5 Staff Sgt. Edmond L. Lo 23 12 Jun 2009 797th Ordnance Company, 79th Ordnance Bn, MNC-I Killed by an IED during combat related operations June 12 / DoD Release: Died June 13 in Samarra City, Iraq, when an IED that his explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) team was acting to neutralize detonated

6 Sgt. Joshua W. Soto 25 16 Jun 2009 1st Bn, 77th Armor, 4th BCT, 1st Armored Division, MND-South Killed by an IED near the city of Samawah June 16 / DoD Release: Died June 16 in Iraq of wounds suffered when an IED detonated near his vehicle

7 Capt. Kafele H. Sims 32 16 Jun 2009 18th Engineer Brigade, MND-North Died as a result of a non-combat related incident in the Ninewa province of northern Iraq June 16

8 Spc. Chancellor A. Keesling 25 19 Jun 2009 961st Engineer Company, MNC-Iraq Died as the result of a non-combat related incident June 19 / DoD Release: Died June 19 in Baghdad, Iraq of a non-combat related incident

9 Spc. Casey L. Hills 23 24 Jun 2009 100th Bn, 442nd Infantry Regiment DoD Release: Died June 24 in Iraq of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over

10 Sgt. Timothy A. David 28 28 Jun 2009 2nd Bn, 5th Cavalry, 1st BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-Baghdad Died June 28 as the result of combat related injuries / DoD Release: Died June 28 in Sadr City, Iraq, of wounds suffered earlier in Baghdad, Iraq, when an IED detonated near his vehicle

11 Sgt. 1st Class Edward C. Kramer 39 29 Jun 2009 120th Combined Arms Bn, MND-Baghdad Died June 29 as the result of combat related injuries / DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered when an IED detonated near vehicle June 29, in Baghdad, Iraq

12 Sgt. Roger L. Adams Jr. 36 29 Jun 2009 120th Combined Arms Bn, MND-Baghdad Died June 29 as the result of combat related injuries / DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered when an IED detonated near vehicle June 29, in Baghdad, Iraq

13 Sgt. Juan C. Baldeosingh 30 29 Jun 2009 120th Combined Arms Bn, MND-Baghdad Died June 29 as the result of combat related injuries / DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered when an IED detonated near vehicle June 29, in Baghdad, Iraq

14 Spc. Robert L. Bittiker 39 29 Jun 2009 120th Combined Arms Bn, MND-Baghdad Died June 29 as the result of combat related injuries / DoD Release: Died from wounds suffered when an IED detonated near vehicle June 29, in Baghdad, Iraq

CASUALTIES JULY 2009
1 Pfc. Lucas M. Bregg 19 08 July 2009 2nd Bn, 5th Cavalry, 1st BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, MND-Baghdad Died July 8 after being found unresponsive at a Coalition forces facility / DoD Release: Died July 8 in Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries suffered from a non-combat related incident
2 Chief Warrant Officer Rodney A. Jarvis 34 08 July 2009 46th Engineer Bn, 1st Maneuver Enhancement Brigade, MND-Baghdad DoD Release: Died July 13 in Baghdad of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
3 Spc. Daniel P. Drevnick 22 16 July 2009 34th MP Co., 34th Infantry Division, Minnesota Army National Guard, MND-South Killed when Contingency Operating Base Basra was attacked by indirect fire at approximately 9:15 p.m. on July 16 / DoD Release: Died July 16 in Basra of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using indirect fire
4 Spc. James D. Wertish 20 16 July 2009 34th MP Co., 34th Infantry Division, Minnesota Army National Guard, MND-South Killed when Contingency Operating Base Basra was attacked by indirect fire at approximately 9:15 p.m. on July 16 / DoD Release: Died July 16 in Basra of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using indirect fire
5 Spc. Carlos E. Wilcox IV 27 16 July 2009 34th MP Co., 34th Infantry Division, Minnesota Army National Guard, MND-South Killed when Contingency Operating Base Basra was attacked by indirect fire at approximately 9:15 p.m. on July 16 / DoD Release: Died July 16 in Basra of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using indirect fire
6 Lance Cpl. Brandon T. Lara 20 19 July 2009 3rd Bn, 4th Marine, 1st MARDIV, I MEF, MNF-West Killed in a combat-related incident as a result of enemy action July 19 / DoD Release: Died July 19 while supporting combat operations in Anbar province, Iraq
7 Spc. Herberth A. Berrios-Campos 21 24 July 2009 1st Bn, 505th PIR, 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, MND-Baghdad Died July 24, of non-combat related injuries in eastern Baghdad / DoD Relase: Died July 24 in Salman Pak, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
8 Staff Sgt. Johnny R. Polk 39 25 July 2009 3rd Bn, 82nd Field Artillery, 2nd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division DoD Relase: Died July 25 at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Landstuhl, Germany, of wounds suffered when his vehicle was struck by an anti-tank grenade on July 23 in Kirkuk, Iraq

Last edited by ReddpaW on 28th December 2009, 17:58; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
whisperin_willow

whisperin_willow

Number of posts : 995
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime27th October 2009, 00:35

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Backgrounds-1
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime16th November 2009, 10:30

I am not a professional reporter.
I am not a hero.
And...I dont know if this story is true.
I am posting it here, because if it is true, this man deserves his place here on the wall.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/freeman.asp

About the Medal of Honor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Medal_of_Honor_recipients#Vietnam_War

Finally some actual data:
Ed Freeman

You're an 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded , and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam . Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is 1/2 way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out , you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.

And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times.....

And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient , Ed Freeman , died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise , ID ......May God rest his soul.....

I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch about some Hip-Hop Coward beating the crap out of his "girlfriend"

Medal of Honor Winner Ed Freeman!

Shame on the American Media

Comments: From the closing sentences above, one could come away with the impression that the courageous life and quiet death of former Army Captain and Medal of Honor recipient Ed W. Freeman had been completely ignored by the media. Not so, as the partial list of news sources further down this page demonstrates.

Freeman passed away at the age of 80 on August 29, 2008 and was honored with obituaries in newspapers across the country.

In July 2001, some 36 years after the fact, Freeman, a helicopter pilot during the Vietnam War, had been awarded the nation's highest military honor for actions taken on November 14, 1965. The citation, presented by President Bush in a ceremony in the East Room of the White House, read as follows:

Captain Ed W. Freeman, United States Army, distinguished himself by numerous acts of conspicuous gallantry and extraordinary intrepidity on 14 November, 1965, while serving with Company A, 229th, Assault Helicopter Battalion, First Cavalry Division Air Mobil (ph).

As a flight leader and second in command of a 16-helicopter lift unit, he supported a heavily engaged American infantry battalion at landing zone X-ray in the Idrang Valley, Republic of Vietnam. The infantry unit was almost out of ammunition, after taking some of the heaviest casualties of the war, fighting off a relentless attack from a highly motivated, heavily armed enemy force.

When the infantry commander closed the helicopter landing zone, due to intense direct enemy fire, Captain Freeman risked his own life by flying his unarmed helicopter through a gauntlet of enemy fire, time after time, delivering critically needed ammunition, water and medical supplies to the Paceeds (ph) battalion.

His flights had a direct impact on the battle's outcome by providing the engaged units with timely supplies of ammunition critical to their survival without which they would almost surely have experienced a much greater loss of life. After medical evacuation helicopters refused to fly into the area, due to intense enemy fire, Captain Freeman flew 14 separate rescue missions, providing life- saving evacuation of an estimates 30 seriously wounded soldiers, some of whom would not have survived, had he not acted.

All flights were made into a small emergency landing zone within 100 to 200 meters of the defensive perimeter where heavily committed units were perilously holding off the attacking elements. Captain Freeman's selfless acts of great valor, extraordinary perseverance and intrepidity were far above and beyond the call of duty or mission and set a superb example of leadership and courage for all of his peers.

Captain Freeman's extraordinary heroism and devotion to duty are in keeping with the highest traditions of military service and reflect great credit upon himself, his unit and the United States Army.
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime7th December 2009, 20:39

CASUALTIES OF NOVEMBER 2009

1 U/I pending notification of next-of-kin 02 November 2009 MNC-Iraq Died Nov. 2 of non-combat related injuries

2 Spc. Tony Carrasco Jr. 25 04 November 2009 2nd Bn, 32nd Field Artillery, 4th Infantry BCT, 1st Infantry Division, MND-North Died Nov. 4 Nov. 4 from combat related injuries / DoD Release: Died Nov. 4 in Ad Dawr, Iraq, of a gunshot wound suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit

3 Staff Sgt. Amy C. Tirador 29 04 November 2009 209th Military Intelligence Co., 1st Squadron, 14th Cavalry, 3rd Stryker BCT, 2nd Infantry Division, MND-North Died Nov. 4 from non-combat related injuries / DoD Release: Died Nov. 4 in Kirkush, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident

4 Chief Warrant Officer Mathew C. Heffelfinger 29 08 November 2009 2nd Squadron, 6th Cavalry, 25th BCT, 25th Infantry Division Killed when a helicopter experienced a hard landing in Salah ad Din Province, Nov.8 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 8 in Tikrit, Iraq, of injuries sustained when their OH-58D helicopter crashed

5 Chief Warrant Officer Earl R. Scott III 24 08 November 2009 2nd Squadron, 6th Cavalry, 25th BCT, 25th Infantry Division Killed when a helicopter experienced a hard landing in Salah ad Din Province, Nov.8 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 8 in Tikrit, Iraq, of injuries sustained when their OH-58D helicopter crashed

6 Staff Sgt. Stephen L. Murphy 36 09 November 2009 2nd Intelligence Battalion, II Marine Expeditionary Force Headquarters Group, MNF-West Died as the result of a non-combat related incident here Nov. 8 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 9 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Anbar province, Iraq

7 Staff Sgt. Ryan L. Zorn 35 16 November 2009 1st Battalion, 34th Armor Regiment, 1st Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, MND-North Died Nov. 16 from injuries sustained in a vehicle accident / DoD Release: Died Nov.16 in Tal Afar, Iraq, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over

8 Petty Officer 2nd Class Brian M. Patton 37 16 November 2009 Sailor DoD Release: Died Nov. 19 in Kuwait in a non-combat accident

9 Sgt. Briand T. Williams 25 22 November 2009 1st Ban, 10th Field Artillery, 3rd Heavy BCT, 3rd Infantry Division, MND-South Died as a result of a non-combat related injury in Tikrit, Iraq, May 31 / DoD Release: Died Nov. 22, in Numaniyah, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit using small arms fire

10 Pfc. Michael A. Rogers 23 27 November 2009 210th Brigade Support Bn, 2nd BCT, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), MND-Baghdad Died Nov. 27, of non-combat related injuries / DoD Release: Died Nov. 27, at Forward Operating Base Hammer, east of Baghdad, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident

11 Pfc. Derrick D. Gwaltney 21 29 November 2009 377th Field Artillery Regiment, 17th Fires Brigade, MND-South Died Nov. 29 of non-combat related injuries / DoD Relese: Died Nov. 29 south of Basra, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident
Back to top Go down
RyanDragonShield

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime8th February 2010, 03:54

As one who has served I honor all who have fallen and I hope that this wall keeps the memory of those who have given the ultimate sacrofice to keep us all safe no matter where they serve. We enjoy the freedoms we have due to men and women like these throught the start of this country. I am proud to serve with people just like the ones on this wall.

Former Capt. Raymond J. Walker
Back to top Go down
REDDPAW
Admin
REDDPAW

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime25th February 2013, 01:20

I do the best i can to shake the hand and thank every vet i meet, as soon as i find out they are a vet.

They deserve so much more than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL   THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE HONORED FALLEN-A MEMORY WALL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
*PACKHOME* :: PackDen>>A New Start :: IN LOVING MEMORY-
Jump to: